Weed Control Treatments in Alton, Godfrey, Edwardsville & Nearby Areas in IL
We use pre and post-emergent treatments to eradicate weeds and prevent more from growing.
Did you know that weeds are just like our grass and plants in that they need water, sunlight, and nutrients to survive? This means that, for as long as weeds are on your property, they are stealing those essential resources from your grass and plants. It is crucial to enroll in a professional weed control program that will stay on top of the treatments and ensure that your lawn is not competing for water, sunlight, and nutrients.
Our weed control treatment schedule lasts throughout most of the year with 6 different treatments. We start our first treatment in late February and finish up our last treatment in early December. This ensures that your grass is protected throughout every season. Our company has crafted this schedule with a mix of pre and post-emergent products as well as fertilizer and pest control treatments for an extra boost. We proudly offer our weed control treatment program to the Alton, Illinois area, including Godfrey, Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, and Maryville.
Our Weed Control Treatment Schedule
Our weed control program includes 6 different treatments. Along with pre and post-emergent applications, we also include fertilizer and pest control to thoroughly protect your lawn all year.
Our weed control treatment schedule looks like this:
- Late February / March - The first treatment of the year starts off with a pre-emergent herbicide. As your grass emerges from winter dormancy and gears up for the growing season, so do your weeds! This first treatment will prevent any weeds from sprouting through the surface of your soil.
- April / May - During our second visit, we will apply a post-emergent weed control treatment to eradicate any weeds that may have slipped through our pre-emergent application. Then, our crew will apply the first fertilizer treatment of the year to give your grass the nutrients it needs to prepare for the summer heat.
- June / Mid-July - At this point of the year, it is crucial to continue to prepare your cool-season grass for the summer. We will apply another organic fertilizer treatment for an extra boost of nutrients.
- Mid-July / August - Another round of fertilizer will be applied at this time. We will also spray your lawn with our pest control product to help eliminate gnats, mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, and more.
- September / October - The fall season is when we apply the last weed control treatment. This is another post-emergent application to get rid of any stubborn weeds as your grass heads into winter dormancy. Then, we will apply another round of fertilizer.
- November / Early December - Last but not least, our crew will apply a slow-release fertilizer to take your lawn into the winter season. This will feed your lawn throughout the next couple of months to ensure that it always has what it needs to stay strong under the snow. This last fertilizer treatment is crucial to achieving a healthy, lush lawn come springtime.
Our treatments handle common weeds such as crabgrass, black medic, broadleaf plantain, dandelion, and many more.
Common weeds found in the Alton, IL region.
In Illinois, there are dozens of species of broadleaf and grassy weeds. In the surrounding region of Alton, these common weeds invade your turf:
- Black Medic
- Broadleaf Plantain
- Bull Thistle
- Carpet Weed
- Shepherd's Purse
- Stinging Nettle
Sign up for our weed control treatment program today!
Our company has been in the business of fighting off lawn weeds since 2009. Our program has been specially crafted to fit the needs of the lawns in our area. If your home or business is located in Alton, Godfrey, Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, Maryville, or a nearby area in Illinois, give our team a call today at (618) 467-7047 to sign up for our weed control treatment program. We can't wait to serve you!